Big Brake Kit for Tesla Model 3: 365mm
Fit your Model 3 with the rotors it should have been equipped with from the factory. These massive 365mm two piece discs give your Model 3’s brakes a significantly higher thermal limit – something you absolutely need with stock brake pads or track use.
We can’t decide if these brakes work better than they look, or look better than they work!
- Massive upgrade to cooling and stopping power
- 365mm diameter vs 320mm OEM rotors
- Lightweight, 3.41lbs lighter each
- Visually stunning two piece rotor
- Aluminum anodized hat made from US-Sourced 6061-T6
- Directional rotors with curved vanes for optimal cooling
- Made in the USA
- Rotors made by a leading brake supplier with winning experience in the highest level of motorsport.
- Tested on the racetrack by professional drivers – these discs with some good pads and fluid is all you need to be able to run all day at the track.
- For use with 19″ wheels or larger ONLY
Fits these vehicles: Model 3 RWD, Dual Motor, Performance w/o PUP
During our testing in California we overheated the Model 3’s brakes while enjoying a spirited drive downhill on Page Mill Rd. We almost completely lost braking power! For that reason we’ve named this brake kit the Page Mill 365mm Big Brake Kit for Tesla Model 3! This BBK upgrades the rotor size from the OE’s tiny 320mm to 365mm, and the thickness goes up from 25mm to 26mm. This is a MASSIVE difference in rotor size! As a result the thermal ceiling, even on stock brake pads goes up dramatically.
The Model 3 struggles with braking performance. The main source of the problem is overheating the front pads. Larger rotors dissipate much more heat, and that is why you find large rotors on just about every sports car in the world. No matter what kind of brake pad you put on you still need a way to shed heat. It is almost more important when using a street friendly brake pad to have a large rotor, as you want that rotor to run at the lowest possible temperature to keep from overheating the mild pad.
By moving from a single piece iron rotor to a two-piece aluminum hat and iron rotor ring, we reduced the weight of the brakes, despite the significant increase in size! This kit reuses the OEM caliper, which is notable as the caliper is designed to have very low brake drag. This plays an important roll in the Model 3’s outstanding energy efficiency. These rotors also have curved vanes, the internal air passages in the rotor. Because the vanes are curved they act as an air pump and dramatically increase the airflow and cooling of the disc at speed.
Our big brake kit installs in less than one hour and is fully reversible. The factory caliper’s brake line does not need to be disconnected. A bracket is simply installed with supplied hardware. Then, the new rotor is slipped on after the removal of the OE dust shield (dust shield removes very quickly, does not require hub removal). Finally, the caliper is bolted to the new bracket. We install and remove this rotor for every track day as we’re currently driving primarily on 18″ wheels!
This kit includes the following:
- (2) Rotor rings and rotor hats assembled and ready to install on the car. They are directional so be sure to install them on the correct side!
- (2) Caliper brackets
- (4) Caliper bracket bolts
Note: This brake kit will NOT work with 18″ wheels. 19″ wheels or larger are required.